The zmanim you need and trust…on the go.
Frequently asked Questions
I followed your directions but I don’t see an icon on my phone. Why not?
Here's how you create an icon. Launch the MyZmanim mobile site, scroll to the bottom of the page, tap Create Home Screen icon
) and follow the directions. After that you should find a MyZmanim icon on your phone’s home screen.
Will it work on my iPad, NOOK, Nexus 7?
Yes! The MyZmanim mobile site (except its compass) now supports tablets.
Does it work on Blackberry and Windows Phone?
Yes. While these devices did not undergo our rigorous quality assurance testing, they do support the underlying technologies of our mobile site and should work.
Does it work on the iPod touch?
Can it work without internet access?
No. An active internet connection is required.
Can I use it if my browser is completely disabled?
No. The MyZmanim mobile site depends on a working browser.
Can I use it with Chrome Browser?
Can I use it with K9 web protection browser? With Firefox for Android?
Yes, but these browsers may have limited functionality. The davening direction compass might not work, and it may not be possible to create a home screen icon (in which case you'd create a bookmark instead).
How do I block my phone’s access to the internet while allowing access to the MyZmanim mobile site?
By setting up a whitelist web filter
iOS 7 ships with a built-in whitelist feature. Before you begin, check to make sure you are running iOS 7. (How? From your Home Screen, go to: Settings > General > Software Update.) Then do this:
- From your Home Screen, go to: Settings > General > Restrictions.
- Tap Enable Restrictions and enter a passcode.
- Under Allowed Content tap Websites.
- Tap Specific Websites Only.
- Tap Add a Website and enter the URL myzmanim.com
- Tap Add a Website again and enter the URL m.myzmanim.com
- Tap Add a Website again and enter the URL www.myzmanim.com
- At the time of this writing, Android does not yet have built-in support for web filtering, so you’d need to install a third-party filter from the Google Play store.